FOSS4G-NA 2016 Conference Grants
We realize that traveling to and attending a conference can be expensive. Not everyone who uses or develops open source software has someone to pay their way for them or the means to pay for it themselves. To help, FOSS4G-NA 2016 will be offering scholarships/conference grants to some attendees in need.
What is included?
Conference grants may include one or more of the following:
- complimentary full access conference passes
- lodging in the conference hotel
- In exceptional cases, we may subsidize airfare or other transportation costs.
Who is eligible?
The travel grants are available to anyone, but their purpose is to help those attend who would not have otherwise been able to. If you have the means to attend on your own, please do not apply.
Because we believe that a diverse community is a stronger community, we’ve dedicated at least 60% of our funds for women and minority attendees. We believe in working towards ending the underrepresentation of these people in the open source community.
How do I apply?
- Apply starting on January 8th, 2016
- Be sure to apply by
January 22, 2016The new deadline is February 8.
- Applicants will be notified of their status by end of February, 2016.
We hope to see you in Raleigh, North Carolina!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com