GeoWave: Visualizing Massive Datasets
GeoWave is an open source project that bridges the gap between geospatial software and distributed computing systems. This presentation will primarily focus on applications of GeoWave. In this presentation we will illustrate how GeoWave can visualize massive datasets and further enables distributed processing to perform analysis at scale.
We will guide the audience through several examples of utilizing GeoWave to efficiently visualize and analyze very large datasets. Examples include:
- PDAL integration to read and write point cloud data
- Running distributed processing on a very large scale point cloud dataset
- GDELT and OSM GPX visualizations using GeoServer and GeoWave
- Integration of OSM data management stack in GeoWave
- Mapnik integration with GeoWave to visualize OSM data